Since “health” is an implicit goal in health care delivery, health promotion activities are important to our members, employer groups and the regional insurance pools. Furthermore:
- Discretionary work site dollars are increasingly scarce
- New plan designs encourage informed, personal health management
- Grant-based activities complement other health and wellness components already imbedded in many health plans such as the fitness discount, Healthy Start, Chronic Condition and Disease Management.
- Members have requested resources and support in the areas of health and wellness
- Worksites offer opportunities for research-based results (modeling, social support)
- Brown bag lunch series with health/wellness speaker/presenter
- Fitness equipment for checkout such as canoes, kayak’s, etc
- Prevention clinics (e.g. flu shots, bp monitoring) when not offered through the plan
- Incentives (prizes, gift cards) for a physical/wellness challenges/contests
- Monthly/weekly staff “salad bar” luncheon and/or school cafeteria “salad bar” luncheon
- Healthy snacks (fruit, veggies)
- Exercise/wellness/health promotion media (DVD’s, books) to give away or lend
- Health/wellness newsletters/publications…device-based applications
- Special health/wellness events
- Committee liaison or communication efforts (w/local resources, regional centers, Blue Cross)
- CPR/First Aid training for staff
- Exercise equipment (treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike)
- Pedometers, hand sanitizers, first aid kits, blood pressure cuffs, other monitors
- Exercise mats, jump ropes, exercise classes
- Bicycle racks for commuters, incentives for non-motorized commuters
- Seed money for other and matching grants/activities
- Staff garden planting boxes/seeds/vegetable plants etc.
- Membership to whole foods cooperative
- Other locally-based and/or cooperative initiatives
Click to learn about more Wellness Product Ideas available through Cooperative Purchasing Connection and Express Marketplace.
Download the ISD Wellness Grant Utilization Form to get started on your wellness journey.
Click here for Wellness Tips and Recipes.