The Minnesota Service Cooperatives Online Learning Program (MSC Online) provides online learning options for rural and urban students throughout Minnesota. The MSC Online program represents an innovative solution to providing high-quality, cost-effective online learning opportunities for students who have scheduling conflicts in their home district, need credit recovery, or need access to advanced, additional or specialized courses in a flexible learning environmental. It is a part-time, non-diploma program, so students remain enrolled in their own districts while taking their online courses. MSC Online utilizes rich multi-media curriculum from Fuel Education. The courses are delivered using Moodle as the learning management system. All of our courses are aligned with national and state standards. There are also a number of elective courses that are typically not available to students in rural districts, such as Japanese, Chinese, Biotechnology, Lord of the Rings, and Women Studies Through Film.
MSC Online Learning Program:
- The MSC Online Learning Community provides an online learning system and professional development for students and school districts around the state.
- The program represents an innovative, collaborative solution to providing high-quality, cost-effective opportunities for online teaching and learning for students in grades 7 through 12.
- MSC Online has become an effective collaborative resource for districts, educators and students to explore the benefits of online learning.
- Is certified by the Minnesota Department of Education to offer online curriculum to students in grades 7-12. All online courses offered through approved programs are:
- Taught by Minnesota licensed teachers
- Meet or exceed state academic standards
- Transfer to other public school districts
- Apply toward high school graduation